Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Grrrrr. So Frustrating!

I hope to be able to pick up my home computer tomorrow. I have had to put it in the shop to retrieve the data from my hard drive. Unfortunately, my operating system went down and was beyond recovery (the machine actually restarted under an older version of my operating system with an empty desktop. Ahh, those reliable Macs. I was running OS.X Jaguar on my G4, but the thing rebooted in the original OS.X 10.0.2. Crazy. And boring, no doubt. I will upgrade to OS.X Panther over Christmas, so I hope that there are no further problems...).
It is incredible to realise how dependent I have become on that thing - maps, shopping, little bits of trivia, favourite sites; all beyond my grasp for the last week or so. It is so easy when the world of information (and disinformation) is at your fingertips.
I am still trying to Google myself - or rather to get my name more Googl-a-ble (my new word! feel free to use it!) but the entries in this blog don't show up. I show up for a couple of other things, but this site and my actual website (Portfolio Pages) aren't searchable. Odd.
Anyway, none of this is either here nor there. I am trying to do a really clever and well-written entry, but I seem to have less and less time these days.
The office tower where I work will be shutting off all power except emergency lighting at 11:00 pm, so my servers will shut down in about two minutes. When they do, it's bye-bye Internet, so bye-bye everyone for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home